Red-vented Bulbul Nest

Today I have the nest pictures of Red-vented Bulbul (Pycnonotus cafer). The Red-vented Bulbul is a member of the bulbul family of passerine birds. It is commonly found in Pakistan. Some people used to keep it as a pet bird. It is a human friendly and loyal bird and returns the owner home after several hours of flight. They feed on fruits and that is why they are considered serious garden pests. Besides fruits they also feed on nectar and insects. They breed from May to September. They lay three or four eggs in cup like nest, made of small twigs. The eggs are pale pink with darker red spots/splashes. The eggs take about 12 days to hatch.

Red-vented Bulbul Nest Pictures
Red-vented Bulbul Eggs
Red-vented Bulbul Nestlings

7 comments:

Kashmir said...

good colection

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Hello Birdy. Thanks for visiting my blog today. You have some fantastic pictures here. I have never seen such a great collection of ladybugs. This nest is also a lovely find.

S-V-H said...

It's long time since I have seen a real bird nest for real. Nice photos!
Susanne

Sue's Daily Photography

Birdy Official said...

Salam And thanks Ali for your comment.

Thanks you too Joan for your visit and comment on my blog. Its my pleasure that you like my ladybugs photos.

Thanks Susanne for the comment and spending your valuable time on my blog.

Shabnam Sultan said...

Amazing pictures.

Birdy Official said...

Salam Shabnam!
You visit and comment is highly appreciated.

Andrea said...

so you have the red-vented bulbul, while we have the yellow-vented bulbul. I have a post of nestlings with their mouths wide open in my blog and flickr. We were also familiar with these nests during our childhood days in the province. Hmmm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...