The Badshahi Mosque (The Emperor's Mosque) was built in 1673, by the sixth Mughul emperor Aurangzeb. It's the second largest mosque in Pakistan, after the Faisal Mosque in Islamabad. Its construction was completed in a record time of two and a half years. The mosque is entirely made of marble and red stand stone. Its main entrance measures 21.33 meters in length and a courtyard of 161.5 x 160.6 meters. The marble domes cover seven prayer chambers, surrounded by four minarets at the four corners of the mosque, each with an outer circumference of 20 meters, soaring up to 54 meters. The walls and roofs of the prayer halls have tastefully decorated with Islamic calligraphy, traditional Persian tile sheathing and fresco.
Badshahi Mosque Lahore