Stolen Pictures

From round about an year, in spite of my regular posting, I'm loosing my visitors. The main reason behind this is that a lot of people stole or hot linked images from my blog without any permission or even acknowledgement.  To combat this issue, I used the DMCA platform. Some time the complaint worked greatly by deleting the infringing post(s). But some time instead of infringing material they deleted my own work. Some host companies even don't bother to response. In some response they asked me to resolve the issue with concerned person manually. Now I decided to create a post, where I will hotlink the pictures, people stole from my blog and they are present on the net as my competitor.

Stolen Pictures

Infringing Post URL: https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/bacp/supp_info/bed_bug_information.html/
Stolen Pictures
Bed Bug
Infringing Post URL: http://hotels.about.com/od/hotelsecrets/ig/Bed-Bugs/Bed-Bug-On-White-Cloth.htm
Stolen Pictures
Bed Bug

3 comments:

Admin said...

Sad to know and see the photos on other sites even these sites have water marked the images as if it's their own work.

Real photographers know how much hard work is involved in taking a single shot and therefore I think the publishers of your work have nothing to do with photography and they are those who are completely ignorant of the legal rights of the actual publisher.

I don't know much about the copyright protection but at least I can suggest that the water mark of your blog's URL should be in the middle of the photographs.

I hope you will find a solution soon.

Best wishes

DOLORES said...

Make sure your photos are low res. And small. If necessary watermark ACROSS your photo in the middle, like the last person said. Learn how to do this in photoshop. Lots of tuts out there for this.
don't put anything on that you want to lose to a thief. put a copyright symbol and your name on everything.
Good luck to you

Birdy Official said...

Thanks you both Ibn Hanif and LOLA for your concern, comments and valuable suggestions. I will certainly follow them. I hope that watermarking will reduce the images theft in the future.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...